Monday, February 28, 2011

Were YOU Watching?

I tried my very best to stay up late last night to watch the Oscars. My son Keeno said to me "Mom what are you so excited about anyway, you barely went to the movies last year" LOL. Yeah, i know. I laughed too.
"Oh well, i don't watch it for the nominees Keeno, i watch it for the fashion" "Yeah i already knew that" He laughed. I'm an early bird and usually get to sleep by 10:30pm the absolute latest. Well, last night i made it too 10:20pm and this morning the boys filled me in. But i enjoyed what i caught. Myself, Captain who must of had buggss in his pants all day and evening, Vanessa (Keeno's girlfriend) Kirk (my foster son) and Keeno hung out in the living room and had a great time together.

Anne Hathaway & James Franco were the hosts for this years 83rd Academy Awards. In my opinion, they did a fantastic job.

The Oscars have come such a long way since it was held many years ago at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Two hundred seventy people attended the May 16, 1929 dinner in the hotel’s Blossom Room and guess what? The guest tickets cost $5. It was a long affair filled with speeches and not so focused on fashion.
There was little suspense when the awards were presented that night: the recipients had already been announced three months earlier. That all changed the following year, however, when the Academy decided to keep the results secret until the ceremony but gave a list in advance to newspapers for publication at 11 p.m. on the night of the Awards. I can't imagine how much fun that would have been to watch. I mean, unless you were watching for the same reasons i was; fashion :-)


In 1953, the first televised Oscar ceremony enabled millions throughout the United States and Canada to watch the proceedings. Broadcasting in color began in 1966, giving home viewers a chance to experience the exciting allure of the event. Since 1969, the Oscar show has been broadcast internationally, now reaching movie fans in over 200 countries. My home was one of these homes viewing in last night.

We had a blast. We joked, laughed and made fun of  "a few" outfits. But i must admit, not many. Most of the ladies looked stunning. I have my FAVOURITE ones of course. I will list here in #1 being my FAV!


Cate Blanchett in Givenchy. "WOW" is all i can say.


In no particular order. I love all of these gowns. Halle is in a stunning Marchesa Gown.

Hailee Steinfeld totally looks her age here in her Marchesa Gown.


I was totally amazed with Jennifer Hudson. Ohh my goodness she looks amazing. I think i was most impressed with her weight lost than the dress.

Gwyneth is a "star" Did you all catch the part when she was asked "If you got to do a duo with an artist who would you pick?" Her answer "Jay Z" Hhhmm i was not shocked at all.


She is so angelic.
I love all of them!


Ok so here was the funniest moment of the night. When she said the "f" word...10 seconds later they posted a "PG" tag on the screen LOL She really did look Star Stunned!


One downfall: I did not see Jennifer Lopez there :-(((((((((((((( To be honest, that is why i went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis