Saturday, April 16, 2011

Smile.... And The World Will Smile Back!


I am home getting ready for a wedding i will be working at today. As i am sitting here reminiscing on a meeting i had with my boss and the Trade Sensation team, i keep hearing my boss say, " Ok ladies always remember  no matter what, smile. Even if you are feeling bothered by something just smile. It will make you feel better anyway. Well, she is RIGHT! When i am at my lowest for whatever reason, i just keep smiling anyway. If i were to show my internal emotions to the world, no one would want to associate with me (lol) I mean if you think about it. It works! You are giving yourself permission to feel better. Smiling is an internal thing. Mentally, believe you are ok and the miserable face disappears :-)))))


There are so many reasons why smiling is healthy. Here are a few:

1. Smiling Makes Us Attractive - We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor.

2. Smiling has the power to change our moods.

3. Smiling relieves stress - Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed.

4. Smiling lifts our faces and makes us look younger.

5. Smiling Is Contagious - A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.

No matter what you are going through today or any other day, i promise you, if you keep smiling, you will feel so much better about yourself and others. You may be thinking, "why would i smile if i don't feel like it" I understand. But i have been through hell and back since childhood and i get asked often "Liz how do you do it? You just keep on going" I promise you, there are days where i would love to strangle somebody or something lol...but i remind myself of what i have that thousands if not millions do not have. My health. My children. My sanity. My legs, arms, senses. My home. My clothing and job. I can sit here and keep typing but I'm sure you get my point.

We tend to stress the small stuff. When i say small stuff i mean things that only God has control of. broken relationships, work problems, family issues, financial stress, health crisis....just give it all to him...Allow Him to take control and pay attention to His instructions. Let it go and smile. Tell God "I trust in YOU alone and know you would not give me more than i can handle" ...and keep it moving.

Think of all the less fortunate children in the world (whenever you are feeling down) and what little they have. Think of how they still find in themselves to play, have fun and laugh when all they have eaten for the day is a bowl of rice. We have every reason in the world to be filled with joy and laughter. 

I have never thought of suicide or fallen into a deep depression. I'm not kidding you when i say NEVER. Although I understand people who do and have known many who have. It is not easy dealing with depression. All i can say is, my only key to this is SMILE and don't complain. Complaining brings down your energy level and you end up feeling terrible inside.

Did you know that animals smile? Have you ever seen a dog smile? If not, pay attention to when you are playing with a pet and you will see "the smile." Uuugghh so precious.
 
Try it for a week. Despite how you are feeling....smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis