Monday, May 23, 2011

It Is Time To GROW UP!

"I'm a little girl, but i need to remember that I'm a woman." Those were Snoopy's words.

I was on the phone with my friend Snoopy today and we were discussing everything from career, fashion, family, relationships, and growing UP! We shared how we as women look about 10 years younger than we are but in reality we are growing up and need to make some changes. The first thing we know we need to change is our "dress code." We shared about the different fashion personalities and got to choose which ones we could relate too. I found myself not knowing which personality i can really resonate with BUT i LOVE the CLASSIC LOOK. We both agreed that at times we feel so young and because we look so young and it messes with our heads. We also agreed that we want to start dressing classy ALL THE TIME!

Sometimes we tend to get caught up in the "hype" of things and forget our age.
I'm a mother and i need to remember that at all times. It is my responsibility to be happy and make them happy. To look and act the part at all times. Despite, where i may be or what I'm doing.  When I'm dressing up I feel so amazing. I feel good. I feel alive and vibrant. It's not dressing up that makes it enough, it all depends on what i put on. When I'm dressed up like a lady, (blazer, dress or a suit) I feel like i can take over a room or even the world.

So this obviously means i need a bit of a "wardrobe" change. I need to focus on the "look" that i love and that loves me.

At the end of the day, we decided that "we are little women that need to grow up and dress like ladies."
You may be thinking (if you know me), "you already dress like a lady." Yes i do, but this is in a different way.

Having said this, It's time to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis