Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Love

When i woke up this morning, i wondered "how did i get here?" To a place of such joy and comfort. To a place where i know despite what life may bring my way, i will always be ok. I will not end up in an old age home, as long as my boys are here. I will not have to work in my old age years because my boys promise to take care of me.
Where did all these blessings come from?

Well i will tell you; i have done the best that i could for all these years. Becoming a mother at 18 was by far NOT an easy thing. Many days or nights i did not know how i was going to feed my boy. But i made a way. No matter what i had to do, i did it. My first priority was my son. While i was out running around "being a kid" my mind was always on my son. There were days and nights i cried myself to sleep, not knowing what was "next." But we made it. I constantly taught him the "foundations of life." I made sure he never forgot the "commandments" and many days we discussed why they were so important.

My boys are the reason I'm breathing. The reason i make the decisions i make. A mother always and forever will think "twice" one for her children and THEN herself. There is nothing i do where i do not put them first. Nothing. Everyone i go, whether it is with my boys or not, they come with me. Even while I'm having my morning coffee, they are on my mind.

To my foster son Kirk- Never ever doubt yourself. You are such an amazing and special man. You are smart and faithful. I thank God for sending you into my life. I'm the luckiest mom in the world to have you. I want you to know that as long as I'm living, you will always have a home!

Today, i felt an amazing feeling of joy as i looked at my boys. I thanked God for all that he has given me and all that he has taken from me. Because i have learned not to argue with the Lord. He is the almighty and will always see you through.

Now i would like to say to my birth mother, I love You and i know you did the best you could. Trust me mom. I know!!!! You are a strong woman and have been through so much. It could not be easy to do what you did and still survive. I thank you for all the life lessons i learned from you but above all FOR SHOWING me how to be a survivor. E teamo!
THANK YOU

To my mommy JOY- God what do i say? You are and were my rock. A place i knew and still know i can run to for a comforting voice. You are one of, if not the strongest woman i have ever met. You have never judged. You wear your heart on your sleeve. Your door is always open. Even for the homeless men or animals. You taught me what it is like to LOVE! You always said through it all, "It's ok Liz, they did the best they could." Mommy i don't know what i would have done without you. Thank you soo much for caring for Keeno and considering Captain as your grand child even though he is not your blood. Thank you For loving me. For always being there when i needed you. Thank you for not shutting your door, when others did. Above all thank you for understating me. The REAL me. I love you mommy.

I feel so amazing to be alive and healthy. I feel so blessed to have three boys at home that I'm sooo proud of. All of them.

To all the mothers out here, LOVE yourself deeply. You deserve the BEST in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis