Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Heart Committed To Prayer- PT 3

I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord.
Psalm 121:1-2

Last night as i watched Joyce Meyer on her television program which is on GRACE (the name of the network)
I was amazed by her intelligence and passion for God's work & people. But, there was one thing that she said that really got my attention; "God gives each and every one of us a gift(s) and each gift comes with a manual (the bible). We all want the gift, but nobody wants to read the manual. Than we wonder why we keep messing things up." It was a powerful message.

Why do we struggle so much with our prayer life?
If it makes you feel any better, we are not alone. Please understand that we don't have to be ashamed by this. Despite your position in life, everyone goes threw this. At some point. Some continue to go threw it their entire lives. I truly believe that God knows what is in our hearts, without us having to say it. Yes. That is true. But we must speak to Him daily. We will be surprised at the amazing blessings that begin to blossom from our hearts. The incredible words of worship that we will establish which will strengthen our relationship with God. It's an amazing journey. One that we will not regret.

My prayer life is up and down, off and on. But i will say this, when I'm praying everyday and speaking to God throughout the day, i feel so beautiful; inside. Prayer changes everything for me. When i want to react in a situation that left me upset, and i pray first-I'm no longer upset. But if i react according to my flesh, i can literally bite someones head off with my "words."

If i want to make a decision about a friend or family member, prayer will give me that answer. If i want to make a decision about work or school, prayer will tell me what to do. There is nothing that will not be answered with prayer. If you are listening, you will get your answer.

Somethiing so simple, yet why don't we do it? I really don't know the answer to this question. I do know however, that we just go about our days and put important things like prayer on the backburner because we figure we can get to it later. There may not BE A LATER!

I'm giving you the 7 Blessings Elizabeth includes in this chapter that come from prayer:

Blessing #1- A Deeper Relationship with God

Blessing #2 - Greater Purity

Blessing #3 - Confidence in Making Decisions

Blessing #4 - Improved Relationships

Blessing #5 - Contentment

Blessing #6 - God- Confidence

Blessing #7 - The Ministry of Prayer

I can tell you from my personal experience and testimony, that ALL of THE ABOVE are real and 100% true.

Nobody has to know what you pray for and about. That is between you and God. If you start telling everyone what your prayers are about, than that is not a relationship with God. Keep that stuff for Him-Only.
No matter where you are right now, at home, on vacation, at your desk, in a hospital or with your family- give God a prayer. Get in tune with Him. You may be thinking, "what is a small prayer going to do right now?" you will be amazing of how one small prayer a day will transform your life.
It did for me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis