Friday, December 16, 2011

I Got Excepted


I have thought about blogging about this or NOT blogging about it. But then after i prayed and gave God thanx, i decided "it's ok"

Lately i have had the urge to foster another child, only i want a girl this time. I have always fostered boys at home, and i felt the need to make a difference in young girl's life. I feel i have so much to offer a girl. Besides i always wanted a daughter :-))) Maybe God never wanted me to have "one just like me" as my dear mother would put it. My sister and her husband filed to be foster parents a few weeks back and got excepted. I was and am so happy for them. They are going to be such an inspiration for that young girl. Perfect role models. It is the most rewarding thing a person can do.

After much research into the company, i decided to call for a "home visit." When they got to my house, what was suppose to be one hour ended up more then 2 hours. We laughed, chatted, shared stories and laughed some more. It was so uplifting. To my surprise, after sharing a bit of my world with this lady (who has been doing home visits with foster parents for 32 years)  she looked at me and said, "you are one of the bravest and strongest ladies i have ever met. I feel blessed to be sitting here with you." I shared my website with her, my blog, my Project Blanket videos, my work  and volunteering that i have done with youth and more. But above all, it was MY STORY that had her speechless. She could not understand how i got so  much done, after having gone through what i did with my childhood, my teens, my twenties, being a single mother, the love for my children and of course my divorce (which i don't talk about here).


I got excepted and start my training along with my sister in Jan. I told her i would love a "girl" and she believes i have a lot to offer a girl. Many of the girls in care, have been abused and she believes i can offer a lot to help her get passed that and live out her full potential. I believe so too.

Lately i have been very emotional. I think a lot of it has to do with the holidays and our Project Blanket.
I don't believe Christmas is about presents. I believe it is a time to share with someone something you have. Be it time, words of wisdom, your story, God, a meal or maybe just to tell someone how much you love and appreciate them. This life i have is not about ME. I have been chosen by God to make a difference in this world. My dear friend Ernie told me a quote this morning that touched my heart, "If you can't feed a hundred, then feed ONE" Mother Teresa.
 
BE A WOMAN AFTER GODS OWN HEART!

End this year with a positive MOVE! There are a million ways you can make a difference. Please do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis