Saturday, July 21, 2012

I am Ready To Serve....

I woke up this morning with excitement and joy and although I do this most mornings, today is a very special one. It is the day I get to do what I do best; serve!

The Street Projects Team will be doing our "Spa Day Barbeque" for the homeless and near by residents in the shelters downtown Brampton at Grace United Church. There will be manicures, pedicures, foot and hand massages and best of all hair stylists to pamper our "friends."

Most of us know how amazing it feels to get pampered, however many of "them" don't or it's been years since they have felt good, pretty, loved or worthy! So I have made an effort along with my K.h.e.m brothers and sisters to make this a very special day.

Our youth from the ministry will be serving fresh lemonade and the men will be barbecuing!

Friends, the world around us will not get better if we don't try and make a small difference. Be the change you want to see around you. It starts with one person and yes ONE person CAN make a difference. A huge difference. It always starts with one and then grows to two and then three and the next thing you know you have a community on your team and then a city!

There are so many things you can do. Mentor a women or a youth at risk. Volunteer for a non for profit organization. Start a readers club for the youth on the streets. Serve breakfast to the youth and adults living in the projects. Go and visit a near by community center and facilitate workshops on self-love or self- esteem...fulfilling your destiny. The ideas are endless.

Go that extra mile. The world needs YOU!
If you need some advice or don't know how to bring that idea you have to life, email me and I will do my best to help with some direction elizabeth@devainyou.com

Stay tuned for the Spa Day video and photos.

Sealed with Love

Elizabeth Correia

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis