Thursday, February 28, 2013

You Gotta Have Some Fun!



A few months ago I was asked, "Liz what do you do for fun?" and to be honest I didn't have an answer. Well, I did and it went a little something like this, "I read, I go to the gym, I love crafting and playing with my Captain (my 5 year old) and I love spending time alone. I caught myself and realized everything I mentioned were not exactly FUN. They were more like self-help to do's (lol). Besides playing with Captain. She advised me to tap into the things I loved doing as a young girl. And boyyy ohhh boy did I ever. Although I had this many times before, for some reason I got it this time.

I sat down with a paper and notebook and wrote down all the things I do throughout my days and realized everything on my list had to do with others and not really ME. So yes, I took her advice and these are some of the things I enjoyed as a young girl and also some things I added as 'fun goals'

Crafting
Making Earrings
Sewing
Dancing
Creating Vision Boards


and I added a few fun goals.....

Home Decorating
Hosting Girls Night's
Attending Plays
Learn another language


Those are just a few. I wrote a big list.


So I decided in order for me to truly enjoy my life as a mother, a friend, a sister and a world changer, I have to have real authentic fun. My favorite new hobby so far is making button earrings. I never imagined it would bring so much peace and joy into my life. Did I start it as a business idea? No. But heyyy why not sell if I can. The second hobby I have started is 'sewing' and I am loving that too. I purchased an amazing SINGER machine and I am getting to know her. I recently started beginners classes and plan to register for an amazing workshop in Toronto that runs for 8 weeks. My plan for that is to have my own high waste skirt line. I am also crafting and creating fun cool things with the boys.


I even decided to call my line Lizzy's Own. It's a name I already had for a different business idea.


I decided since I was serious about my new hobbies, that I would totally revamp my bedroom. I mean colors and all. So I am creating two rooms in one bedroom; a craft and sewing side and a sleeping side. I am going for all white furniture with splashes of hot pink, green and orange. I am going all out with this. As a young girl I would often dream about a pink room (and never got it). But now I am a big girl and I get to create my own space :-)


As I was browsing online for hobby ideas, I came across this amazing article on http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Hobby on "How To Discover New Hobbies"
Please read it.

Here is a small piece of it:


Having a hobby helps to make you a more interesting person and gives you something fascinating to talk about with others. It can also help you to avoid feeling bored and often provides the opportunity to meet new people with similar interests. Learning something new is always good for keeping the mind alert and active, as is maintaining a long-term interest in something that enthralls you. This will also make your more of an interesting person than a person who is addicted to Facebook, watching TV, or doing other time wasting and unhealthy tasks, such as stuffing your gut .


Love Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis