Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What's In Your Backyard?


Oh how I wish I had the funds to do what I really want to do with my patio. But, that's OK God will provide the money for me when I am WISE enough to handle it :-)

I decided to blog about patio furniture today because I am totally going through this "thing" where patio and backyard furniture is concerned. I was visiting with a friend recently and was amazed by her backyard landscaping and décor. It was marvelous. Grand yet simple. I realized through that visit, that we / I need to put more effort into my patio / backyard décor, look and feel. It is a space we are fortunate enough to use for a few months out of the year and for that reason alone, this space should matter.

I recently spent about 3 hours one night awake; viewing spectacular photos of patio furniture followed by a day at Rona's and Ikea WINDOW SHOPPING. I fell in love with the idea of setting up your backyard as your little sanctuary (so to speak). For me, I love to read, barbeque and write on my patio. However, I love entertaining family and friends out there as well. And really, who wants to entertain family and friends inside the house during the summer hot days? Not me. Anymore.

I have no idea how I am designing my patio this summer, but what I do know is that whatever is out there now, has got to go. I've got my eyes and a couple items and God willing, I will make my patio this summer, my FAVORITE spot. I will be sure to set up my umbrella for those sunny days where I can just lay back, relax and enjoy a 'read of the day' or listening to one of my many favorite speakers on CD.

These are my favorite PIXX for summer 2013:













Now believe me when I say, whether you can afford to purchase these items or not, there is always a 'cheaper' way to go about it. Just buy the copy cat version at Wal-Mart or Ikea.


Now go ahead and take a look at what's currently in your backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis