Four years ago I discovered this amazing salt. I couldn't understand why this particular salt was so good for you when many claimed 'salt' wasn't good for you- period. However, there's a huge difference between the two.
Celtic sea salt supplies all 82 trace minerals needed by the human body for optimal health and longevity. Refined salts contain harmful chemicals and other processing additives.
I found a list online of it's top benefits but first I will add a few of my own.
- If you have an acne issue, simply fill a spray bottle with water and sprinkle some Celtic sea salt into the bottle. Every night before bed, spray the salted water all over your face and wash as you would normally wash. Make sure you rinse off all the salt after a minute or so
- Every morning upon waking up, pour a tea spoon of the salt into half a cup of warm water, mix it and then drink it. It is great for flushing you right out
- Throughout the day, sprinkle the salt into your bottled water and drink it all day. You don't have to sprinkle much just enough to slightly taste the salt.
Those are my top three suggestions. Keep in mind Celtic Sea Salt does NOT taste as bad as table salt. No comparison.
Now for the article I found online at Water Benefits Health:
Natural salt is the element that helps to regulate water content in the body. The balance of water and salt in the body is critical.
Another key reason why natural salt is so important is because our bodies need trace elements for proper function. These elements are usually not found in food or nutritional supplements in a form that the body can utilize.
However, all 82 of the essential trace elements needed by the body are found in natural unrefined sea salt and are in a bio-available form.
In general, natural sea salt helps to balance the entire body. Some of the more pronounced benefits include the following:
- Regulates heartbeat and blood pressure. Even though refined salt can cause high blood pressure, natural salt with adequate water intake can help to stabilize irregular heartbeats and normalize blood pressure. In other words, if you have low blood pressure, taking Celtic sea salt can help to raise it. If you have high blood pressure, it can help to lower it.
- Eliminates mucus buildup. Not only does this salt help to eliminate existing mucus buildup, but it will help to prevent it. This benefit makes it very helpful for people with allergies, asthma, sinus issues, or bronchial congestion.
- Improves brain function. Sea salt is vital to the health of nerve cells and their ability to communicate and process information. This salt also helps to extract excess acidity and toxins from brain cells.
- Balances blood sugars. Celtic sea salt is especially helpful for diabetics because it helps to balance blood sugars.
- Alkalizes the body. Excess acidity in the body is an underlying cause of many diseases. Salt is vital to the removal of excess acid wastes from the cells. In addition, mineral rich salt will help to maintain the optimal acid-alkaline balance.
- Increases energy. Salt and water are the key elements for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells. When sodium and trace minerals are deficient in the body, fatigue will set in.
- Provides electrolyte balance. Natural Celtic salt will help keep the electrolyte minerals in your body balanced, releasing excess sodium and water. For problems with water retention, gradual sea salt intake can help to release excess water stored in body tissue.
- Builds immunity. Regular intake of natural sea salt and its highly absorptive minerals can give you a higher resistance to illness, infections, and disease. It can also help your body to heal faster after an injury or surgery.
- Promotes restful sleep. The abundance of trace minerals in natural sea salt will have a calming effect on the entire nervous system. In addition, the proper ratio of water and salt consumption can help to prevent the need to urinate during the night.
- Prevents muscle cramps. Muscle cramps are often caused by an electrolyte imbalance, especially a lack of sodium. Celtic sea salt provides these minerals in the correct proportion. Your body will take what it needs and get rid of the rest, as long as you are drinking enough water.
Visit any Health Store near you to purchase a bag. A small bag can be purchased for as little as $5 and a large will cost a few dollars more.
In Health, Lizzy